Saturday, August 1, 2009

Busy Summer!

Hello! Busy, Busy! This is turning out to be keeping me more busy than I expected! This is Ashley and I on opening day(I know it is two months late). I will take pics of the front as it looks right now; the flowers are just gorgeous! We have two antique rockers that sit on the porch now.
Some tags I made. They are in the store right now, but I think I will put them on etsy.

A journal I embellished in with my ribbon stash.

I had to share this photo. My hubby and I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago and this is one of my creations: gourmet italian, garlic, cheese bread with guacamole spread on it with yummy tiny orange tomatoes on top. It may look weird, but oh, it was soooo good!

One last pic. We have a very cheap old camper trailer that we share with the family, and of course it has orange and green everything(70's), so I gave it a temporary makeover. If I was going to spend over a week in that thing, it was going to be relaxing! This is what I did with the bed. Lots of fluffy pillows and pink velvet over the window with a great silicone bulb strand that we carry in the store.
Another big reason I haven't blogged in a while is that we have been having a very hard year and it has come to a head this last month. My hubby is on short term disability(hurt at work) and we don't know if he is going to be able to go back to work. As a result, we are losing our house. We have an old place at my parents that we are moving into; let's just say I'm not overly excited. God has a plan for us though, and there is a reason all of this is happening. For years now my imagination has been stale because of the hardships we have faced and I am finally feeling it come alive again. I'm looking forward to redoing the house we have to move into. It is going to be a challenge, though. I am going to start documenting on here the before pics. and of course after. My studio is also getting moved and it is getting a much needed overhaul itself and I will be sharing those as well. I also think this will help my process of healing and moving on. There are many new things in my future and praise God for them all! TTFN, Jeri



No comments:

Post a Comment